Christmas In The Villages
Join us this holiday season as we celebrate Christmas in the Villages of Van Buren County throughout the month of December!
- Country Christmas with shopkeepers dressed in period costume.
- Kids activities at the Bentonsport Quilt Shop from 2-4pm.
- Lapidary demos and Christmas Carols at Bentonsport Artisan Co-op 1pm and 3pm with free treats.
- Kids Christmas gift making at Paddle, Pedal, & More 11am-1:30pm.
- Demos and artisan bread at Iron & Lace.
- Santa, and his helpers, Jingles, will be handing out treats from 2-4pm.
- Stop by the Greef General Store for a free gift.
- Christmas Connection at the Bonaparte Opera House (614 1st St.), Cookie Walk, offering a large selection of homemade goodies, sold by the pound until 3pm.
- Breakfast on Main Street served 7-9am for a free will donation at the Opera House (614 1st St.)
- Mrs. Claus at the Bonaparte Public Library (210 Washington St.) serving cookies and free craft activities for the children from 10:00am-11:30am.
- Santa Visit at the Bonaparte Opera House (614 1st St.) from 5-7pm. Bring Santa your letter and receive a small gift and goody bag.
November 24 - December 31
Enchanted Forest Walk is a self-guided tour through the Holiday lights and displays in Waubonsie Park. Open Sunday-Thursday 5-8pm and Friday & Saturday 5-9pm.
- Home Lighting Contest from 6-9pm. Winners announced at Soup Supper on Dec. 17.
- Run, Run Rudolph during this FUN 5k run/walk through Waubonsie Park at 5pm. Pre-registration ends 12/2 (guarantees t-shirt). Registration, the day of the event, starts at 4:30pm.
- Lighted Christmas Parade, this hugely popular event will be held at 6pm.
- Soup Supper in downtown Cantril will be held 6-7:30pm at the Cantril Fire Station (104 3rd St.) for a free-will donation.
Santa Claus will visit the Fire Station (131 E. Cedar St.) Each child will receive a small gift.
Yoder's Indian Creek Furniture hosts their Annual Holiday Sale. 10% off all furniture in-stock and custom orders, 5% off poly-lawn furniture. 22769 Rte. V64, Milton.
- Santa Comes to Town at the Douds Community Club (1415 Hwy. 98)
- American Legion will host a soup supper at 5pm. Santa visits and Horse & Wagon rides will be available at 5:30pm.
December 3 & 4
- Self-guided Pioneer Home Driving Tour. Maps available at the Pioneer Historical Museum (205 S. 4th St.). Prize given away Sunday at 4pm. Free-will donation for map. Museum open 10am-4pm.
- Arts & Crafts Vendors in the Farmington Community Center (201 S. 4th St.) and lunch served each day from 11am-2pm.
- Cookie & Candy Walk at the EMS Building (next door to Community Center), sold by the pound. Hours: Saturday 9am-5pm & Sunday 10am-2pm.
December 9 & 10
- Live Outdoor Nativity with live animals, refreshments, and a free family photo at the First Baptist Church (603 Tremont St.) at 6pm. Snow date: 12/11/16.
December 10 & 11
- Self-guided Pioneer Home Driving Tour & Christmas Caroling. Maps available at the Pioneer Historical Museum (205 S. 4th St.). Pick up a free booklet with histories on Christmas Carols and stories about Christmas. Caroling begins at 2pm. Museum open 10am-4pm.
- Breakfast with Santa, Photos with Santa, Christmas Bear Drawing, & Kids Activities held 9am-12pm at Libertyville Savings Bank (20390 Hwy. 1).
- Light Up First Street in downtown Keosauqua, hosted by First Iowa State Bank, with an evening of lights, treats and Holiday cheer!
December 2 - 4
- Festival of Trees will be held at the Robert's Memorial Center (Hwy 1 N.) where you can view decorated live trees, wreaths, tabletop trees, and more that are available for purchase through a silent auction held throughout the weekend. Van Buren County Lions Club host this event annually. Santa will be visiting with the children on Saturday Only from 9a - 8p. Festival Hours: Friday 5-9pm, Saturday 9am-8pm, and Sunday 12-3pm. 2016 event theme: "Oh Christmas Tree"
- New Year's Gospel Sing will be held at the Roberts Memorial Center (Hwy 1 N.) at 5:30pm. Soups, drinks & table service will be provided, please bring a covered dish to share.
- Soup Supper and Santa Visit will be held a the American Legion Hall beginning at 5pm. Soup will be served for a free-will donation. Santa will visit at 6:30pm. Musical entertainment will be provided by local children.
- Soup Supper & Bake Sale. Held at Senior Meal Site, 520 N. Main. Free will donation.
Download a Christmas in the Villages brochure