Directory > Milton > Isenhour Bridge (Eisenhower)
Isenhour Bridge (Eisenhower)
Milton, IA 52570
This bridge was one span of the 2 spans of a bridge over the Skunk River on Highway 61 between Ft. Madison and Burlington.
This bridge was originally built in 1888. It was called the Walker Ferry Bridge. The one span was moved to Milton (east on Delaware past city limits about 4 miles) in 1930. It replaced a bridge built in 1895 that had washed out because of a flood.
Note: The spelling is different that that shown on National Register site which lists it as Eisenhower. It was added to the National Register of Historic Places in 1998.