Scenic Drive Festival
Oct. 12 & 13, 2013
The Scenic Drive Festival is our largest festival of the year that is held during the peak of our spectacular fall foliage season, the second full weekend of October. The festival will be held RAIN OR SHINE.
(Partial event listing below - watch this page for more details to be added)
- Bentonsport Hours: Sat 10a-5p & Sun 10a-5p.
- Artists demonstrations daily.
- The 37th Annual Bentonsport Art Festival, an annual juried art show with 30 fine artists and fine craft artisans showcasing printing, photography, sculptures, fabric arts, jewelry and more.
- Indian Artifact Museum & Specialty Shops will be open.
- The Riverside Park will be filled with antique, craft, flea market and food vendors. Bake sales & raffles including a large quilt.
- Trash and Treasures Sale and Swap Meet (Tractor Parts, Auto Parts, & Antiques) in the City Park Saturday (8:30a-5p) & Sunday (8:30a-4p).
- Silent auction at the Opera House featuring 24” Vintage Bride Dolls dressed in 1860’s era costume. Bidding will be open 10a – 4p Saturday & Sunday.
- Saturday Only: Soup Lunch at the Opera House 11a-1p served by the Bonaparte Library Board. Sandwich Lunch at the Fire Station 11a-2p & Pork Dinner at the Fire Station 5-8p served by the Bonaparte Fire Department.
- Sunday Only: Sandwich Lunch at Opera House 11a-1p served by the Bonaparte United Church & Sandwich Lunch at the Fire Station 11a-1p served by the Bonaparte EMS.
- Saturday & Sunday: Antique, Craft & Food vendors in the City Park and throughout downtown. Local Shops open extended hours with in-store specials and sidewalk sales.
- Saturday & Sunday: The National Historic Bonaparte Pottery Archaeological Site will have 1865 Pottery Tours, Archaeological Digs, Demos from 150 year old molds, Gift Shop Open with new & old pottery for sale, and outdoor vendors including garden & yard art. Hours: 10a-5p Sat & Sun. Tours conducted at: 11a, 1p, 3p Sat & Sun. Admission: $5
- Saturday only: 10a-5p. Arts & Crafts Sale in the Township Hall. Local artists displayed with a variety of unusual gifts for sale.
- Saturday only: 11a-2p at the Fire Station $8 per person for All-U-Can-Eat Black Kettle Ham & Beans and Cornbread with a drink and 1 dessert.
- Dutchman's Store: Be sure to visit this old-fashioned general store. You'll delight in their large selection of bulk food and candy, fresh produce, deli, fabric & craft room, homemade items and fall flowers and ornamentals. Closed Sunday.
- Vendors including crafts, baked goods, flowers and Avon in the Shelterhouse along the River 8a-5p Sat & Sun. Lunch served at 11am. Wagon Rides downtown.
- Scarecrow contest throughout town.
- Sat & Sun: Hel-Mart's Train Room, Rocking Horse & Miniature Doll House displays will be open with no admission fee.
- The Keosauqua Fall Festival with Arts, Crafts, Wood Crafts, Food and Variety Vendors set up downtown & in the Roberts Memorial Building (Hwy 1 N.).
- Lots of new vendors! Vendors open Friday 4-7p, Saturday 9a-5p & Sunday 10a-4p.
- A variety of live entertainment throughout the weekend.
- Kids Games including Mini Golf, Bounce House, Train, and more (set up behind Community First Bank) and Schmitters Petting Zoo (set up behind Wasko Hardware) all weekend.
- Antique Tractor Show Saturday on First Street. Registration begins at noon. Trophies awarded at 3p. All restored and non-restored tractors are welcome.
- Sunday only: Kids Pedal Pull by Hawkeye Pedal Pull downtown Cass Street registration 1p and pull at 1:30p.
- Sunday only: 7th Annual Car & Motorcycle Show on First Street featuring classic & unique cards, trucks, hot rods, and motorcycles. Held rain or shine. Registration 10a-12p.
- Saturday Parade 10a theme “TBA” with line up at the Van Buren High School at 8a.
- Twombly Museum open Saturday 9a-12p.
- Our Saviors’ Lutheran Church Soup Supper with homemade soups, sandwiches, desserts & drinks for a free will donation. Saturday only 4-7p.
- Keosauqua Senior Center will have eight vendors with a variety of high quality craft exhibits open Saturday & Sunday.
- The Keosauqua Lions Club will serve all you can eat pancake & sausage breakfast for $7.00 (includes drink.) Texas Tators, Tenderloins, Corn Dogs and Funnel Cakes in the Keosauqua City Park.
- There is a Book Sale at the Keosauqua Public Library Downtown with audio books, magazines, children’s books, adult books, VHS movies, and more! Friday ?-5p, Saturday 9a-5p, & Sunday. Free will donations accepted.
- The Southeast Iowa Cattle Dog Trial. Iowa’s largest 2 day cattle dog trial. Saturday & Sunday starting at 9a. 2.5 miles N. of Keosauqua on Hwy 1.
- Keosauqua Fairgrounds – Camping with Showers & Electricity ($15 per night). For reservations call Butch Gates at 641-777-9087.
Lacey – Keosauqua State Park
- Buckskinners Rendezvous will be held at Ely Ford with demonstrations knife & tomahawk throwing, black powder shoot, archery, basket weaving, traders row (with period goods), a food vendor (with Indian Fry Bread), candy cannons, and more. No admission fee.
- The 7th Annual Lacey Keosauqua Fall Run & Trail Walk. A 5K, 10K or 2 Mile Trail Walk Sunday Only.
- Yoder’s Indian Creek Furniture's 7th Anniversary Sale. 8a-5p. Not open Sunday.
- Lengacher’s Greenhouse open 8a-5p. Closed Sunday.
- Milton Creamery open 8a-5p with a variety of gourmet cheeses & curds. Closed Sunday.
- All activities will be held at Morris Park, lunch available both days on grounds.
Additional Information & Resources
- Request a Brochure
- Download a Brochure
- Bentonsport Vendor Application
- Bonaparte Vendor License Application
- Keosauqua Fall Festival Vendor Applications