Villages of Van Buren
Keosauqua, the county seat with a population of 1,006, is located on the bend of the Des Moines river in southeastern Iowa. Vistors will find a unique blend of historic architecture, natural beauty, small-town values, quaint shops and business opportunity.
Nearby diversions include antiquing, golf, tennis, hiking, camping, swimming, and boating.
City Offices & Facilities
- City Hall, 804 1st St., Keosauqua, Phone: (319) 293-3536
- Fire-First Responders - 911
- Keosauqua Public Library - 608 1st St, Keosauqua, Phone: (319) 293-3766
Hours: Mon, Tues, & Fri 1-5pm, Wed 1-8pm, Thurs 10am-5pm, & Sat 10am-1pm (Great resource for Genealogy research!)
- Electric- Keosauqua Light & Power (319) 293-3406
- Telephone- Van Buren Telephone (319) 293-3187
- Cable- Starwest (319) 293-6336
- Water- City of Keosauqua (319) 293-3536
- Natural Gas - Alliant Energy (800) 255-4268
Keosauqua Demographic Information