in the Villages...
> Villages of Van Buren
Founded in 1844 by settlers from Milton, Delaware, this town on the western border of the county was incorporated in 1878. More history...
The Milton Heritage Society was organized in 1974; their main project has been the restoration of the Presbyterian Church (Heritage House), which now houses the community's museum.
People of the Amish sect have recently moved into the Milton area, providing an interesting cultural mix for the community.
City Offices & Facilities
- City Hall - (641) 656-4454
- Fire-First Responders - (319) 293-3426
- Milton Public Library - (641) 656-4611
- Senior Center - (641) 656-4979